top of page

Parent teacher association

Public·9 members

David Rockefeller's Memoirs Page 405 Pdf 53: A Candid and Controversial Autobiography

David Rockefeller Memoirs Page 405 Pdf 53: The Truth Behind The Controversial Quote

If you are interested in the history of the world's most powerful and influential families, you have probably heard of David Rockefeller. He was the grandson of John D. Rockefeller, the founder of Standard Oil and one of the richest men in history. He was also the head of Chase Manhattan Bank, a philanthropist, a globalist, and a confidant of many world leaders.

David Rockefeller Memoirs Page 405 Pdf 53

But did you know that he also wrote a memoir that caused a lot of controversy and speculation? In particular, there is one page in his memoir that has been widely quoted and misquoted by various sources, especially by conspiracy theorists who claim that he admitted to being part of a secret cabal that controls the world.

What is this page and what did he really say on it? In this article, we will explore the truth behind David Rockefeller's memoirs page 405 pdf 53, and what it reveals about his life, his views, and his legacy.

Introduction

Who was David Rockefeller?

David Rockefeller was born in 1915 in New York City, into one of the most wealthy and influential families in America. He was the youngest of six children of John D. Rockefeller Jr., who inherited his father's oil fortune and expanded it into various fields such as banking, real estate, and philanthropy.

David Rockefeller followed in his father's footsteps and became a banker. He joined Chase Manhattan Bank in 1946 and rose to become its chairman and CEO in 1969. Under his leadership, Chase became one of the largest and most international banks in the world, with operations in over 100 countries.

But David Rockefeller was more than just a banker. He was also a prominent figure in global affairs, who cultivated close relationships with many world leaders, such as Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, Henry Kissinger, Mikhail Gorbachev, Nelson Mandela, and many others. He was a founding member of several influential organizations, such as the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, and the Bilderberg Group. He was also a generous philanthropist, who donated millions of dollars to various causes such as education, art, culture, health, and environmental protection.

What are his memoirs about?

In 2002, at the age of 87, David Rockefeller published his memoirs titled Memoirs. The book is a candid account of his life and career, spanning over seven decades of personal and professional experiences. He writes about his childhood memories, his family history, his education at Harvard and Chicago universities, his military service during World War II, his marriage to Peggy McGrath and their six children, his rise to power at Chase Manhattan Bank, his involvement in global politics and diplomacy, his philanthropic activities, and his views on various issues such as democracy, capitalism, globalization, and world peace.

The book is also a rich source of anecdotes and insights into the lives and personalities of many famous and influential people that he met and befriended over the years. He shares his impressions and opinions of presidents, prime ministers, monarchs, dictators, popes, artists, celebrities, and even his own relatives. He also reveals some of the secrets and scandals that he witnessed or participated in, such as the CIA coup in Iran in 1953, the Suez Crisis in 1956, the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962, the Watergate Scandal in 1974, and the Iran-Contra Affair in 1986.

Why is page 405 pdf 53 so controversial?

While most of the book is a straightforward and honest narration of his life story, there is one page that has attracted a lot of attention and controversy. It is page 405 in the pdf version of the book, which corresponds to page 405 in the hardcover edition and page 453 in the paperback edition. On this page, he writes about his role in the Trilateral Commission, a private organization that he co-founded in 1973 with Zbigniew Brzezinski, a former national security adviser to Jimmy Carter. The Trilateral Commission is composed of prominent leaders from North America, Europe, and Japan, who meet regularly to discuss and coordinate policies on global issues.

On this page, he makes a statement that has been widely quoted and misquoted by various sources, especially by conspiracy theorists who claim that he admitted to being part of a secret cabal that controls the world. The statement is as follows:

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

This statement has been interpreted by some as a confession of his involvement in a sinister plot to undermine national sovereignty and create a one-world government. Others have taken it out of context and added or omitted words to make it sound more incriminating. For example, some have added the word "yes" before "I stand guilty", or omitted the word "if" before "that's the charge". Some have also changed the word "structure" to "order" or "government".

But what did he really mean by this statement? And what was the context of his writing? To answer these questions, we need to look at the whole paragraph from which the statement is taken. Here is the full paragraph:

"For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

The Quote In Context

What did Rockefeller say on page 405 pdf 53?